The boy killed for an off-hand remark about Muhammad - Sharia spreads in Syria
The murder of a boy accused of blasphemy has come to symbolise concerns about the power of Islamist radicals in Syria’s armed uprising. Paul Wood reports from Aleppo on how Sharia is spreading in rebel-held areas.
Mohammed Qataa’s mother wanders the streets of Aleppo looking into strangers’ faces as she tries to find her son’s killers.
She knows she would recognise them. She was looking right at them when, in front of a dumbstruck and terrified crowd, Mohammed was shot dead, accused of blasphemy.
- thinline-between-saintsnsinners likes this
- marcusdejesus likes this
- albert-sinnick reblogged this from divineirony
- logicbeatsfaith reblogged this from divineirony
- fenris526 reblogged this from divineirony
- divineirony reblogged this from academicatheism
- cleandiaper2 reblogged this from scholarly-rhythm
- scholarly-rhythm reblogged this from academicatheism
- jewishatheist likes this
- radish-destroi likes this
- warfare556 likes this
- blissy-leaves likes this
- academicatheism posted this